One of our brand-new cabins! Scroll down for more pictures.
Kirkwood is a beautiful and unqiue place, and we want to share it with everyone! Our facilities are available year-round. Youth groups, church groups, week-long summer camps, family reunions, boy/girl scouts, and college leadership retreats, among others, have all taken advantage of our beautiful property to relax, reflect, or just have fun and enjoy each other’s company and fellowship.
Don’t forget about our great dining service! We love cooking our home-style meals for you and your group. We are flexible and will work with your nutritional and dietary needs. If cooking for your group is something you prefer to handle, we can accomodate that too.
Our facilities include:
- “Stroup House” Lodge, our four-bedroom wood-paneled main facility that sleeps between 32-40 people. Stroup has three large restrooms with showers, a central meeting room with tables and chairs, and a spacious kitchen. Stroup also has a washer-dryer, new heating and air conditioning, and a big stone fireplace for a nice and cozy stay.
- Our Cabin Village of three cabins, two of which are brand NEW as of October 2016. Each cabin can sleep 10-16, has new heating and air conditioning, and indoor bathrooms and showers for each building.
- Meadowside Cottage, a smaller, cozier cottage set back off the beaten path, with entirely woodpaneled interiors and a woodstove for chilly nights. Meadowside has two bedrooms that sleep six people each (so 12 total), with a washer and dryer, new heating and air conditioning, and a newly updated kitchen space.
- “The Coop” Dining Center is our dining and meeting facility. While you relax and enjoy the property, our staff and volunteers will be hard at work cooking your group a delicious meal to enjoy in our dining area. The Coop also can be used as a meeting space in-between meals, or for day groups (free wifi included).
- The Caboose is a cute, actual real caboose, that can sleep four people, with air conditioning and indoor bathroom and shower included. This one-of-a-kind place to stay is only available May-September.
- “Bob’s Depot” is a unqiue indoor-outoor multipurpose space for recreation, worship, and events. Bob’s has a ton of recreational equipment, including basketball, and also features a built-in projector and great sound system. Bob’s is not climate controlled at this time, so the temperature outside is the temperature inside.
- Seasonal Platform Tents, in two seperate (but closely located) villages, are available May-September. Each tent sleeps 8-10, with villages comprising four tents, a pavilion, and a nearby bathhouse. That’s 104 total tent capacity for beds. Whether you want to do the whole thing for a week, or just one tent for one night, let us know what your questions are. –> If you like the outdoors, but not so much roughin’ it, this might be your opportunity to get lulled to sleep every night by the sound of the creek, and wake up every morning with the birds in a stunning woodland landscape.
- Our Other Amenities include Low and High Ropes (including a Zip-Line), seasonal boating and swimming in our man-made pond, miles of trails along mountain streams and Pocono Creek, and more. These are the things that can make your group’s stay truly memorable, so tell us what you’re thinking and we can get started.Hospitality for all is a huge part of what we do at Kirkwood. We book on a first-come, first-served basis, so start your inquiry now to make sure you have your first choice. We hope to hear from you soon!